DON'T CATCH YOU SLIPPIN NOW HOO!
@Redj350Z, I hate that F****** song. I love childish Gambino but that song has just ruined himself for me
@Redj350Z, GRANDMA TOLD ME GET YOUR MONEY. BLACK MAN..
@Redj350Z, look what I’m whippin now
@tmo0792, Personally, I don’t think it’s supposed to be a particularly “good song”, more so striking to listen to and look at when watching the music video. The abrupt shifts in tone and blend of gospel, pop, hip hop and trap music along with the imagery in the video create quite an uncomfortable experience which I feel is intended to highlight societal comforts of violence and racism.
@Banetersaurus Rex, but the whole racism thing is just blown out of proportion by the media. There were more white people shot than black people by police last year. Also black people only have around a .000005% chance of being shot by police statistically speaking. That includes lawful and unlawful so you could break down even more. Basically black people have a bigger chance of winning the lottery than being shot unlawfully by a police officer. If you dont believe me here are the numbers. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2017/
@tmo0792, I won’t pretend to know all the facts and do all the research (clearly I’ve been putting my American Studies degree to good use...), but blacks make up 10-15% of the total US population, so that’s just a statistical likelihood more than anything else...
@Banetersaurus Rex, yeah but it's still so low that it's not worth the media making out to be as big of a deal that it is. Also shootings of all peoples in general have gone down over the past 10 years also on that same website
@Banetersaurus Rex, also it's another proven statistic (same website) that African Americans commit more heinous crimes than any other race so if anything that 15% actually hurts there reputation. If 15% of the population commit more heinous crimes than the other 85% then that's a terrible thing.
@tmo0792, It shouldn’t really matter whether it’s a small number or large, if there’s a problem that’s being ignored then perhaps it deserves more attention, and that’s what this song is trying to highlight in the two extremes of either black Americans being looked at and obsessed over like the old minstrelsy, or unjustly punished. And violence and crime is a vicious circle; disenfranchised groups who are afforded less opportunities in life and live in less wealthy areas are naturally more likely to commit crimes than others because they feel they need to in order to survive. So to tackle that, the root of the issue should be addressed rather than just accepting that one race is inclined to be a certain way, as that’s not true, historical injustices have just created a culture where those norms have been accepted by many.
@Banetersaurus Rex, it's not being ignored though? We bring divided nationwide over something that's not that big of an issue. The media portrays it as something it's not. Yeah accidents happen people make mistakes but the people committing these heinous crimes have no excuse. There is no reason to hurt another person for your own gain. There is always a way to do better for oneself and you can get a job idc who you are even if its flipping burgers at McDonalds. But no, people are lazy why would they want to live a different lifestyle when the average welfare person gets 60k or more a year? There is so much backwardness in this country. Those people take advantage of it no matter what race they are.
Its a vicious cycle
What is this show, I keep seeing memes of it and I have no idea what show it is.
@Frankie Say Relax , it’s a music video by Childish Gambino called this is America which offers a portrayal of America and how desensitized we are to violence