My Problems with Jedi
1. Poe takes out a dreadnaught basically single handedly
2. Space leiah
3. Casino planet
4. Luke redeems Vader, but is nervous about a little dark side in Ben
5. Rey exhibits dark side traits multiple times, and Luke trains her. But again was afraid to train kylo
6. Captain phasma was built up with so much hype, and doesn’t do anything
7. Light speed space ram breaks lore.
8. Death of snoke, and HORRIBLE fight scene
9. Finn peels away from the group on crait and tries to kamakaze. Rose turned around, but also somehow had time to turn around again, and tackle Finn out of the way. FINN also pulls her into the base while all the ATAT’s are firing.
10. Luke dies for no reason
@generic zombie, 11. Porgs
@Sexy Homunculus, 12. That unnecessarily-gross alien milk drinking scene.
@generic zombie, there's nothing wrong with space Leah, we learn in Ros that she's a trained jedi. And jedi can survive in space, have done it plenty of times before.
@generic zombie, 2. Happened in Legends, but Luke did it, and it was bad ass, see no reason Leia couldn’t.
5. Luke realizes that Yoda did the same for him and that he was no better than Yoda when he refused the first time. Also he has found that maybe trying to deny someone a path to power can lead them to other paths that are faster(dark side is BIG on getting strong fast).
7. Light speed ram does not break lore and actually matches up to what we have seen about how. Ships arrive and jump out, and to Han’s original comment on Kessel run in 12 parsecs, considering that is a measurement of distance, not time.
10. As much as I hate this as well, he was simply too powerful to survive. Luke would have shown up at the final showdown with Palps and it would no longer be about the new generation coming in and assuming the mantle, it would have been Luke finishing what he started and restarting the Jedi order. Whether that would be a better story is subjective, but it’s not the one told.
@generic zombie, the Jedi are an evil, oppressive force that wanted to control others. Their original formation was corrupt and the Sith had a good reason to wipe them out. Unfortunately Palpy was an idiot and had to ruin the Sith honor code. And then made the Sith seem like scum. Since the only Jedi left after Vader took over were the few good ones, the Jedi organization had been cleansed and was good!
Until Luke just haaaad to ruin it. If he had just been chill with Ben, none of this crap would have happened and everyone would’ve been just fine.
I loved The Last Jedi. I really did. I think it’s fun and rewatchable. It’s not the best, but I am all about it. Nobody has to agree.
@Yo Dad, I've never seen any of the star wars. Apparently that's illegal tho and no one respects it
@Yo Dad, I'm with you dude, I thought it was good except the casino planet
@Yo Dad, while I disagree (the only Star Wars movie/show I didn’t enjoy on the first watch), I will admit that some of the ideas brought up could have been incredible if continued into ep 9. Making Rey “no one” subverted our expectations and opened the door for new heroes to rise from nothing; while encouraging us to believe we can do the same
@Yo Dad, I greatly disliked The Last Jedi. Still, you're certainly entitled to your own opinion and I'm not going to trash you over it.
@Yo Dad, and nobody does, enjoy your day
@Yo Dad, I generally thought it had some decent ideas, even if some of it was a little meandering and pointless. Rise of Skywalker makes it look like Citizen Kane in comparison though so maybe I'm biased because of that.
It really perplexes me that people didn't like Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull yet liked The Last Jedi.
@Sexy Homunculus, I like both, but crystal skull waaaaay less
I still contend that both Luke and Ben were being manipulated by Snoke/Palapatine/Palapatine's Force sensitive taint/whatever. Luke gets visions of Ben going dark and killing everyone, Ben hears whispers of his uncle trying to murder him so his own legend won't fade, and it all culminated in this self fulfilling prophecy moment.
Yes, the entire sequel trilogy is full of stupid things, lore breaking problems, bad writing, re-writing of characters and history.. Etc.