This make me think of the McDonald's' Third Pounder disaster.
@Emp4th, ‘Murica can’t math very good.
I mean...even if that's how percentages worked...you be giving yourself a 25% of it being successful (assuming it was unsuccessful the first time, resulting in doing it again)
@Drunk Pantless Uncle, so the surgeon might be able to land a double kill?
@Mr Star, ummmm. I don't think that's how double kills work either (in the real world)
@Mr Star, well, it's a success rate, not a fatality rate
@Drunk Pantless Uncle, I could be wrong, but I think if you did it twice, there would be a 25% chance of it being successful twice. You would actually have a 75% chance of it being successful once out of the 2
@Mr Star, still wouldn’t be the record. One surgery had a 300% mortality rate.
I read this as survival rate, and assumed it was just a millennial joke.
.5 * .5 = .25
Doctor, well if you insist
@spongeblade, that's the odds of the surgery being successful twice
This is my genuine giggle comment. 🙃