Yer mum's a hoe.
I was listening to this radio program about genetics and height. The guy said that 80% of our height is determined by genetics and the other 20% by outside factors like where you grew up, air quality and what eat. That 20% is huge it could determine if you're 5 ft or over 6 ft. It's crazy to think
@Dimir FTW, me and my brother are both over 6’ tall. The next tallest person in my entire extended family is something like 5’9”, with the average being closer to 5’6”.
We had a lot of fast food growing up, and this was while the animals were being pumped full of all sorts of growth hormones before that was outlawed.
It’s fairly logical. If you put hormones in the animals to make them develop more meat, it can cause the consumers to develop more meat as well.
@Dimir FTW, actually, from the little bit I’ve read on genetics, my interpretation was that it is about 80% of the difference between your height and the average. This meaning that if you are 5’6 and the average is 5’8, it is the 2 inches that is 80% genetics and 20% environment, not that your entire height is 80% genetics. I hope that makes sense
@Dimir FTW, I'm 6'5 and I'm still smaller than my dad.
Is the mom famous, or is the geneticist just talking crap?
I’m half English and half Irish genetically, yes I have bad teeth but at least I have an alcohol problem.
Momma did what???
I’m guessing this guy also doesn’t know about genes that skip generations. Like male pattern baldness. Which my grandfathers had....and my dad doesn’t...oh god I hope I’m not next.
@Baby Cthulhu, male baldness is also typically passed down from your mother and not your father. So look at the males of your mother's side of the family (uncles and grandfather etc)
@Baby Cthulhu, my mom's side suffers from baldness but my dad's side gets a full head of salt and pepper hair, im hitting my 30s and no signs of balding, in fact, im growing more hair on other parts of my body. Here's hoping for salt and pepper hair, it'll make all the ladies moist
@The Midas Touche, I’ve read that you inherit equally from both sides for baldness (but I could be wrong?).
Without a DNA test I am calling bull, enviroment/diet is like 1-3” taller not a full foot or more unless mom is exceedingly tall (6’1+). Lack of balding (yes, I know it typically passed on by mom) and facial features is also a bit of a red flag. Dad is either not his dad or has an unknown health condition, either way a DNA test would helpZ
@madeyoulook2, the joke