My high school chemistry teacher once told a story about something similar but the end result was the girl and her boobs got set on fire cause of the volatility of alcohol. Ah chemistry the bringer and taker of erections.
@Laskin, flammability maybe? Volatility is tendency to vaporize
@sfpanda, the alcohol vaporized onto her shirt and then she caught fire
@Laskin, that's hot.
My chemistry teacher was working with acid back in college, and one of his classmates, a cheerleader, spilled acid on her top, which ate through her clothes. He immediately sprung up to help her to the emergency shower. Needless to say, it was a bad day for the cheerleader, but a great day for him.
@Ahri, "she gon' learn today!"
@Ahri, I feel very jealous of him
@Ahri, really?? It ate through her clothes? Wtf kind of acid was it that it didn't kill or seriously injure her?
@Ribby, It wouldve injured her if not for the emergency shower.
@Ahri, oh I see!
Finally, one day he had a class and was called into the hall by a principle. They talked and when he came back in the class was gone. There was only one door out, so he concluded that the kids went into the supply closet. He went to the door and heard snickering. He told them to come out a few times, but they didn't. He went and got this tesla coil and set it to a low setting so when the kids came out it would give them a small shock. He set it to the door handle and the kids eventually came out but they weren't shocked at all. The kids sat down and my dad explained what should have happened with the coil. He was confused to why it wasn't working and kept testing it by putting his hand to the other side and turning the setting up. He turned it up pretty high and out his hand on the other side and the current suddenly went through and he received a massive shock and he felt his heart stop for a second. He didn't go to the hospital but the rest of the day he was in shock.
@Obi Wang Kenobi, I don't think your dad should be a teacher, no offence.
@Obi Wang Kenobi, Was your dad not fired or was all these in different schools?
@peopleannoyme, no he wasn't fired. He was actually a damn good teacher. He helped me and some friends last year when me
@Obi Wang Kenobi, *we took ap chem. Sorry I accidentally hit send and it submitted twice.
@Obi Wang Kenobi, Lol it happened twice now haha
My dad was an ap chem teacher and he once forced the entire school to evacuate because he poured acid into a flask that had been used earlier with a bunch of toxic chemicals and heavy metals and stuff and he release a noxious cloud of gas into the school. The hazmat was called in and a bunch of people went to the hospital.
I just got a scientific boner.
Another time he was doing an experiment with a 1 liter bottle of dry ice. He was out on the football field and the stuff was in a trash can at the 50 yd line. His class was in the end zone and he set it up and ran back. They waited for a while but it didn't do anything so he went up to check it and heard a leak. He called the class back up and a few kids were ahead of the others and were near the can. Suddenly the thing explodes and my dad and a few of the kids went partially deaf for a year or so.
@Obi Wang Kenobi, Please, tell of more stories of your dad.
@masterchiefan, he coached wrestling too so one summer he took his wrestlers to Boston for Fourth of July and a camp and they were coming back from fire works. They ended up getting lost on the way back at like midnight and had to walk across this bridge on the interstate and apparently someone almost got hit by a bus.
@Obi Wang Kenobi, Damn, I wish I had this many stories like you.
@Obi Wang Kenobi, another time he was using dry ice and there was a bowl of it he had. A few kids decided to put there hands in and see how long they could hold it for. They ended up passing out and going into shock. (Not my dad himself, but it was in his class)
@masterchiefan, thanks. I'm not sure that's a good thing though.
@Obi Wang Kenobi, Well if you get a job at Rooster Teeth, you could be in an animated adventure.
Brings a whole new meaning to test tube "rack"
I remember this from the streets... Graduated top of my class
16 July 2014 #16July2014
I love that scene from Breaking Bad most commonly referred to as breaking beaker.
Nitric acid is love, nitric acid is life
My teacher blew up the lab at fsu with sodium ... then set it on fire. Her chem teacher didn't like her very much after that
If it's 5molar then it should only be handled in a fume cupboard. Not 'across a lab desk'.
Once I was trying to detach a Bunsen burner from a gas tap. It finally came free, but my arm shot backwards and my elbow knocked into a beaker really hard. It flew a third of the way across the classroom, landing at someone's feet who got blamed for it.
In my chemistry class a kid was heating a testube of hydrochloric acid but foolishly put a bung (a cork) in the top. As he was leaning over the desk the bung popped off and hit him in the face and then hot hydrochloric acid sprayed him in the face. Luckily it was fairly diluted so he was alright
Dam. StuckPixel is hating the ladies today. I still love you all though....
Man, chemists have it good... Unfortunately in software engineering, there is no real reason that a girl would bend over and expose her sweet cleavage... There are also no girls...
I love this! And I can relate too!
That run on sentence...must...not...rage
Minimizing paralax error would mean her eyes are level with the table and thus obscuring the cleavage. If you're gonna talk science you'd best think it through.
And it turns you into a girl. "JustMadScientistThings"
Yeah I get those too.